Friday, February 24, 2017

One more item off the bucket list

Today we had another organized tour  This was to Phang Nga bay to see some of the limestone uplifts and kayak. I always wanted to tryout kayaking and today was my chance. We are picked up at the hotel last morning then drive to the bay and take a larger boat to the area of limestone pillars

For this excursion we have a guide who is in charge of the kayak. My biggest concern was getting in and out of the kayak and this was actually fairly ease especially when compared to the taxi boats in Bangkok when I almost fell in the water

The day was great as we spent over 3 hours on the water. I did get to try my hand at paddling and have decided probably not my sport. The up side is I am now able  to cross off kayaking on the bucket list.

The bay has openings in the island uplifts that you can paddle through and into the center of what appears to be a solid land mass and you are within a closed lagoon. The area has over 150 of these formations and on one of the other islands the James Bond movie "Man with the Golden Gun" was filmed.  The water was extremely warm but not clear since the bottom of the bay was muddy.

This was a great day and a new lesson in packing for me.  Pack your own sunscreen, Dan only has SPF 50 in his bag. This does not help me getting a suntan

No comments:

Post a Comment