Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fly Day

I am now 2 days behind in posting. I may catch up we will see. The move from Bangkok to Phuket. We are traveling with Air Asia a lost cost airline in Thailand. We get to the airport 2 hours early since the walk to the date can be a lot longer than planned

The airport supports attendants to help create boarding passes etc, then in their "helpfulness", take you to a tour desk to help you get a room or tour in your destination location. An interesting practice for sure. Unfortunately I have prescheduled most things. I don't think we will miss the "great" bargains they have to offer.

On arrival in Phuket we have transportation arranged. I should probably note at this point we are really not in Phuket Town where all the action, bars, night life and cheap hotels are  we are staying at an upscale resort in Nai Yang Beach close to the airport and about 45 minutes from Phuket Town. Plan A is to hire a cab for the afternoon and see some of the island. We are here any 2 full days and in my craziness have 2 tours booked back to back.  Today will be the only day to really explore. After we check in to our hotel. Use the term loosely since it is a resort, on the beach with large pool, deck chairs, beach cabanas etc.  Dan, "Mr." I don't lay by the pool suggests we go to plan B and spend the day in the sun.   This is a great voice in my book, but means we will need to return to Thailand in the future to actually see Phuket. I did let Dan know from here on out our accommodations are not as beautiful as these.  Next post should be of photos😃

No comments:

Post a Comment